Mutley

/ar check as standard

Suggestion: Would it be possible to have /ar check as your standard /ar check time? I understand that it now goes up when you are on various servers (creative/vanilla etc.) but i'm wondering if SMP levels can be based off that time?

This would definitely encourage me to be more diverse (no pun intended) in the servers I play on.

Thanks - Mut

• Like 1

Confused...

1 hour ago, mutleymuffin said:

Suggestion: Would it be possible to have /ar check as your standard /ar check time?

If it time accrues on a server it add to a total per player so far as I understand. 

Currently SMP levels operate of /ar check

Time you spend on SMP AND the other servers goes to /ar gcheck

I'm asking if SMP levels can operate off /ar gcheck

Edited by mutleymuffin
  • Like 1

I need to stop being lazy and fix up the big error I made with global time and also add AutoRank to the other servers.

The main thing holding me back from doing this though, is I can't trust that people won't abuse it.

While I understand the concern Turbo, if someone has put in enough time to get to level 7 and they have a clean record, doesnt that earn them a little trust? or have there been problems in the past?

7 hours ago, Shadow Surge said:

While I understand the concern Turbo, if someone has put in enough time to get to level 7 and they have a clean record, doesnt that earn them a little trust? or have there been problems in the past?

This is true. And there is a plugin installed on Creative currently that stops players from using anti-AFK methods. I just don't feel the /ar gcheck functionality is stable enough to implement towards the SMP ranking system just yet.

28 minutes ago, Turbotailz said:

I just don't feel the /ar gcheck functionality is stable enough to implement towards the SMP ranking system just yet.

I think it is more stable than /ar check though.

2 hours ago, Knightman said:

I think it is more stable than /ar check though.

I'm meaning that /ar gcheck reads from a SQL database, and sometimes the data stored on the database isn't always correct. I've had to re-sync all the servers a few times to make it show the correct times.

On 7/10/2016 at 10:49 PM, mutleymuffin said:

Suggestion: Would it be possible to have /ar check as your standard /ar check time? I understand that it now goes up when you are on various servers (creative/vanilla etc.) but i'm wondering if SMP levels can be based off that time?

This would definitely encourage me to be more diverse (no pun intended) in the servers I play on.

Thanks - Mut

It could be an issue with PermissionEX, but I tried for hours to get the the gcheck times creative and other servers to give people access to those servers..  I couldn't get PEX to be happy with them.  So I have been mostly annoyed with state of Autorank.

Their method for calculating (or miss-calculating) the start of the week is also broken.  I  wish we could get someone with some java developing skill to spend time making it suck less.

• Like 2

i know someone who is willing to help if they had more information.. he hasnt created a forum username, thats why im messaging you. would you like me to connect you on steam?

/ar gcheck wouldn't be a good idea for 1 reason: Mine chat. Quite a few people, including me, sometimes like to connect using minechat, and stay at the hub. Unless global time is disabled at the hub already, in which case, ignore this.

It's like when you bump a thread that is old. This thread is from July, and he replied yesterday. 

It had been 7 months since the last response when Platinum resurrected this topic. Dead threads are best left alone; necromancy is unsafe, gory, and generally frowned upon.

Also, if you are logged in with MineChat you are not actively playing and as such you should not get any time counted. Only actively playing will count, that means you must be logged in properly.

• Like 3