vantega

vantega's ban appeal

1) What's your current in-game name?

vantega

2) What do you think you were banned for? If you are unsure, our rules can be found at diversitymc.net/rules 

stealing

3) Why should you be unbanned? 

i was unsure whether or not the owner was no longer playing, i witnessed other players taking stuff from certain people near spawn with the sole reason being "they no longer play".  i am willing to provide information on who took what, but i simply did not know that the players i stole from were going to be continuing playing.  as for that, i apologize.

Hello vantega,

You are correct in that you have been banned for stealing from players on vanilla. Just because someone else does something, doesn't mean that it is allowed. (You can message me here on the forums if you would like to give details about who took what, as that is a separate situation that we will look into.)

By playing on our vanilla server, you are expected to follow the same rules as on smp. The second rule is "No griefing or stealing. Do not take things that do not belong to you. Do not raid or grief unclaimed builds."

This means that whether the person plays everyday, or hasn't been seen in months, you do NOT touch or take their things. Players come back after breaks and deserve to have their items how they left them. Just because there are no claims on vanilla doesn't mean other players' stuff is a free for all. We expect players on vanilla to be trustworthy. We are trusting that you will follow the rules and won't take advantage of the limited grief protection we have on vanilla.

This leaves me with a few questions:

1. Do you still think it is ok to take things from players just because they haven't been online for awhile?

2.  Why should you be unbanned if you broke a rule 'just because other people were doing it"? 

At the end of the day, you are responsible for your actions, and you were the one that played on the server, accepted the rules, and then went on to break them.