SnowBaller94

Kit Suggestions?

Ok so as most of you all know, kits were very overpowered previously. At this point, the only available kit is the starter kit. If you would still like kits to be a thing, please reply to this thread with some ideas. You can click here for a list of the current kit items. Feel free to completely change existing kits, or entirely add new ones. Keep in mind they should all be balanced.

~Snow

• Like 1

If the kit still look like the one we have right now.. they should be "One use only"

or

if the kit are not one use only it could be items that are easy to get but that could be usefull

Lvl2 64torches

Lvl3 iron tool

Lvl 4 64 cobble

Lvl 5 Water/lava bucket

Lvl6 16 wood log

Lvl 10 fix item

Lvl 12 3diamond

Lvl 15 64 Redstone dust.

Edited by Pelican

I think kits giving things like obsidian or bricks, or other grindy blocks should replace the more op kits

Hi there,   

Here is my two cents about kits, with ranking up too, all bundled into one post. I'm also going to be covering a lot of other points too, so please read through my post thoroughly.
I also want to say this right off the bat also, when Diversity's Staff is debating any major change, i.e the removal of Dynamap, or entrance of a new feature, let the server debate about it, too. Have a poll, either straw polls, or a simple Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down reaction on a post in Discord, under a channel #PossibleFeatures. (Read only for players, though.) In general, let the server have a bigger say than it does right now. This is MUCH needed in Diversity, and players enjoy being apart of the community in any way they can. Anyways, on with the post.
As of now, ranking up is very boring. And I mean that in all seriousness.  All we really get when we rank up, is one extra set home, and bonus claim blocks that differentiate  with each level. So, I want to put this into perspective from a new players point of view. They're probably from a different server, where when they rank up, they (may) receive some money, claim blocks, and items..Etc. 

When a new player joins, and plays long enough to graduate from Level 1, onto level 2, they may be a bit discouraged, and disappointed. Now, some players don't really mind, and just like to play on here strictly for the community we here at Diversity have, along with how the Server itself is setup. (Non-Resetting) But for the players who look forward to leveling up, and work towards it, it can be very off putting. Trying to find new ideas for receiving items when leveling up, without an actual economy can seem fairly daunting. Don't get me wrong, it truly is, considering you're very limited on what you can, and cannot do/give. 

Truly, I mean this in a very positive way, in hopes to help pave a new future for Diversity. I've been keeping my eye on Diversity, while on, and while on a Minecraft break as a whole. And, in my opinion, Diversity is starting to slip downhill in some aspects, which is giving potential players new players, a reason to question if joining is worth their while. Respectively, we do have one feature that nearly nobody else in the Minecraft server world has. That's a Non Resetting, LGBTQ+, Survival Minecraft Server. Most non-resetting servers are strictly anarchy..Where rules do not apply, hacking is allowed, you get the idea. Our feature alone, attracts 85% of our players, because players like myself, enjoy building, knowing it will not be either randomly reset, or annually reset. 

I'm not sure what Diversity was like upon release in 2014, so I cannot speak on that times behalf. Whether Diversity was better, or worse, it's in the past and I won't know. I do know, however, we can use previous years to reflect on. Reflect on what we changed, and how players adapted, and if they agreed with new features, or the removal of features. (I tried accessing the old forums to do research, but to no avail.)

Anyways, lets get to the main part of this post, and focus on Kit suggestions and Leveling up. I'll be moving from Kits, to leveling up, on to Supporter ranks.

I feel like ranks 1-5 are more of the "Starter" ranks. (I forget what the actual kits yield, so my suggestions may actually be worse than what they already are. If anything, some of my suggestions can be added to the existing kits.)  They're still fresh to the server, so some items that could be suggested as kits are:

Kit Level [1]  (Starter) Two stacks of food, Basic stone tools, golden shovel & stick, multicolored leather armor, and the book aiding players who are familiar with Grief Prevention. (Mostly un-changed)

Kit Level [2]   This kit can be the Brother of Kit Starter, but with a different name, and the removal of basic stone tools, with the replacement being an enchanted bow, with 2 stacks of arrows.

Kit Level [3]   With players reaching Level 3, I feel not alot of players use kits anymore. But when the feature is there, it's nice to have. Some items may include: A golden sword, 32 non-enchanted golden apples (not sure what their worth is, so take G apples with a grain of salt), a stack of Coal, and 64 torches. 

Kit Level [4]    The same as Kit Level 3, but the removal of the Golden Sword, and G Apples. Their replacement could be Iron Armour, A clock and a compass. 

Kit Level [5]    The same as 5.

After level 5, I feel that should be the cut-off point for Kits in general. As I feel the players have been on long enough, that they're well established enough to no-longer need unnecessary kits.If you don't agree with me, please say so!

As far as Leveling Up goes and receiving items, not including the ranks, I feel like players need to be rewarded better for their time spent on the server. Possible set a static amount of items per level-up, until you get past level 5-7. From that point on, players have been on our server for a minimum combined 48 hours, or a maximum of 144 hours. 

Some items may include: Food, Dye, Obsidian, a few diamonds, (ores in general) tools,  or some items that are a favorite among players.

At this point in time, I'm running out of steam, and running out of ideas to write out. But, my original words still hold true. Players need to be rewarded better for leveling up, so they have more the reason to play more, and work towards that next level! 

Last, but certainly not least, I think Supporter ranks need tweaking. I do agree that all the perks Supporter, and Supporter+ come with (Mainly the commands), should stay. As far as the other perks, need re-working. Personally being a Supporter+, I'm glad I'm able to support the server, but I just feel like I'm missing something. I can't put my finger on it. It's a true shame the Autosort plugin is no longer 1.13.2 compatible, but there is light. A plugin has taken it's spot, and changed how the original worked. 
See Link: ( https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/chestcleaner-sorting-plugin-api.40313/ ). I forget the other plugins that Supporters had, that no longer work, but that's alright.
As far as ranking up goes, while being a Supporter, I feel the claim blocks you receive when you rank up, could be doubled. This is all I really see necessary in that aspect.
When it comes to Supporter+, I think it would interesting to see a unique kit, only available monthly (How long Supporter ranks last), or twice a month. The items included would be given in a single shulkerbox, with very nice goodies inside. Yet another way to tell the players; Thank you for supporting Diversity.

That's all I have to say for now, I apologize for the long post, but I felt it was necessary. If you have any criticism, or want to talk to me about other details, feel free to DM me on Discord. 

Mike. 

Edited by mike88898
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, mike88898 said:

I also want to say this right off the bat also, when Diversity's Staff is debating any major change, i.e the removal of Dynamap, or entrance of a new feature, let the server debate about it, too. Have a poll, either straw polls, or a simple Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down reaction on a post in Discord, under a channel #PossibleFeatures. (Read only for players, though.) In general, let the server have a bigger say than it does right now.

1. Dynamap was mainly removed because of performance issues it was causing. We know players liked it, but it was causing more harm than good. It is now back up; however, you can not tp to players or show claims.
2. Communication is something we can and should improve on. Whether that be done with more discord channels, or in some other way, hopefully we can improve in the near future.

19 minutes ago, mike88898 said:

Trying to find new ideas for receiving items when leveling up, without an actual economy can seem fairly daunting. Don't get me wrong, it truly is, considering you're very limited on what you can, and cannot do/give. 

This is basically why I have started this thread. We need ideas from the players of what they want to see and what they want to be rewarded with. At the end of the day, you guys (the players) are the ones getting these rewards, so we want to make you happy. We know we need more rewards, but without a money economy, while staying within EULA, we have no more ideas.

26 minutes ago, mike88898 said:

I'm not sure what Diversity was like upon release in 2014, so I cannot speak on that times behalf. Whether Diversity was better, or worse, it's in the past and I won't know. I do know, however, we can use previous years to reflect on. Reflect on what we changed, and how players adapted, and if they agreed with new features, or the removal of features. (I tried accessing the old forums to do research, but to no avail.)

I have not personally been around from the beginning or really anywhere near the beginning, so I cannot speak about it either. I do know, however, that we had more players on a regular basis. Now, some people might say that this is because of 'Minecraft Dying.' but that is another topic. What we do know is that the regular players are changing on a daily, and most og players are finding new hobbies. This is expected to happen, and normally a server would have new players joining daily that find something they like in the server, and choose to stick around. With Diversity though, as you have said, the biggest thing we offer is the community, and most new players don't stick around to experience it. Like it has been mentioned in the past, we need a way to bring in new players and have something to offer that is different from everyone else. (Again, what this could be, I don't know. )

I like the idea of having only 5 kits. (Or at least not all 20 whatever we have right now.) One question: Would those 'kits' be a one time thing, or something that can be acquired again?

37 minutes ago, mike88898 said:

As far as Leveling Up goes and receiving items, not including the ranks, I feel like players need to be rewarded better for their time spent on the server. Possible set a static amount of items per level-up, until you get past level 5-7. From that point on, players have been on our server for a minimum combined 48 hours, or a maximum of 144 hours. 

Again, the common theme of this thread so far, what do we give you guys?  Maybe take some of the items from the more op kits, and make them a one time give as a reward for leveling up? This way players still get items, but they don't get bombarded with crap they don't need, and the op things don't lose value.  

39 minutes ago, mike88898 said:

It's a true shame the Autosort plugin is no longer 1.13.2 compatible, but there is light. A plugin has taken it's spot, and changed how the original worked. 

I don't really have enough knowledge to talk on this topic, but maybe more plugins could be added for supporters. (Not sure if this would break EULA)

41 minutes ago, mike88898 said:

When it comes to Supporter+, I think it would interesting to see a unique kit, only available monthly (How long Supporter ranks last), or twice a month. The items included would be given in a single shulkerbox, with very nice goodies inside. Yet another way to tell the players; Thank you for supporting Diversity.

I'm not sure if we are allowed to give items as a way to thank players for donating money, but anyway, are there any other cosmetics you guys (as players) would want for buying supporter? I know we have /trails for supporter +, which are sometimes annoying, but any other suggestions?

Overall, we need ideas from you guys of what you want to see. Saying something needs to be done, which I agree with, isn't going to get very far unless we all work together to make an impact for the better. Thank you for this post, Mike, and maybe soon enough, with help from all of you, we will be able to make changes. 

On 1/29/2019 at 12:28 AM, SnowBaller94 said:

Ok so as most of you all know, kits were very overpowered previously. At this point, the only available kit is the starter kit. If you would still like kits to be a thing, please reply to this thread with some ideas. You can click here for a list of the current kit items. Feel free to completely change existing kits, or entirely add new ones. Keep in mind they should all be balanced.

~Snow

Hola!

I reckon this one I can contribute to.

First of all, glad you're reworking kits, 100% needed.

Not exactly agreeing with the kits being overpowered, rather they reward playtime, not many players get past level 10 in my experience and where you might see it as becoming overpowered is around 10-13+. 

Here's why they are not overpowered:

If a player reaches levels like that, he surely already has access to all these items, naturally acquired and laying in storage. As for some of the rare items: 

1)They are there to assist with acquiring them in situation of the ever-growing server and amount of players hunting for said, (potentially scarce) resources.

2)Additionally, there's obviously a cooldown on most kits (up to 30 days on some).

3) A lot of people at these levels forget to redeem kits completely (at least in my experience).

So, back to the point: It's great, please do rework kits, however imo the focus should be on adding new items, released after multiple new updates. In other words, adapting the kits to current gameplay. Ultimately, the cooldown for every kits can always be adjusted. 

Perhaps a survey is due, for players to respond which items are least wanted/used in every kits and what items they'd rather see in said kit.

Best of luck! 😉

-Kilk

UPD: One more thing, I think to get some active responses, or rather specific ones, you should construct the new potential kits with the ideas provided in this thread and then let players vote. I like mike's response, maybe do limit kits, make 1-10 a repeatable affair, those might contain said scarce items, in limited quantities, and then 11-20 a one-time redeemable thing. Or maybe 1-3 (essential items), and work from there.

Edited by KIlkAAAA
UPDATE

I want Pickaxes, Beacons, blocks and redstone components :)

Personally I feel kits should contain more un-grindable items. like totems of undying, decorations, or players heads. Also perk items are fair some tools, armor on longer timers. The things that people can grind for help the economy. If I get 2 stacks of obsidian a week the demand will go down and so will the price. Ultimatly the over all economy health should be considered because I feel it gives some people purpose. if I need stone bricks and everyone knows playerX  sells them playerX has a purpose. Just my feelings on it.  

• Like 1

I think enchanted gold apples are fair to keep in kits because outside of being extremely rare, they don't really hold much value since this isn't a PvP centered server.

i  think kits are very useful and you should definitely keep them, but maybe change a few little things, like so: 

first off there are some kits like musician that i personally, and i wouldn’t be suprised if people agree, is pretty useless and not really needed because you just end up with having many music discs that you can’t stack in a chest somewhere.

however that being said, there are some very useful kits like cookie lord and builder (i’m not too much of a builder myself but i know there are many that like it) and they shouldn’t be changed too much.

also i think there should be other items added to kits, not sure what categories or anything thought, but things that are easy but annoying to obtain like leather and books (i also always need leather if yall got spare x)

i do also agree with you that kits maybe a little overpowered but i have an idea for that, maybe if the lower levels have simpler kits where there’s stuff they’d need/want and also one or two surprises, and as for higher levels they could be more rewarding stuff as a sort of congratulations on getting to this high of a level which would also make people want to get to them higher levels (also maybe as a thank for staying so long and dedicating time to this server). i also think that kits shouldn’t just stop at a curtain level because as you reach the cut off point you may become discouraged and no longer have anything to work for (on that note i think there should levels higher than 30 because i’m sure there’s people who could get higher).

overall, love the idea of bringing back kits and there are more examples of the things i mentioned i just chose the ones that popped into my head of these aha but you get the idea.

note: you could also host a poll or survey to better help understanding of what people may want and you can hear everyone, it could include questions like:

how long have you been playing diversity?

what level are you?

have you ever look a break and if so why?

what is the main think you like doing on the server?

is there any items you feel would be useful in kits?(not too op)

what kits (when they were still available) did you feel was the most useful?

Edited by Bec
just an extra idea (note)

I feel like the reason that kits were so OP is because they were separate from eachother. I think if we made it so that you can *choose* between one of, say, 5 kits, kits like food, redstone stuff, etc, there would bee less balancing issues. 

Here's what I'm picturing:

1) You do /kit

2) A gui pops up that has 5 choices for kits

3) You choose a kit

4) You do /kit, again

5) You select a different kit

6) You get a message in chat that says "You have already claimed your kit for this week"