lukealms

lukealms - Ban Appeal

1) What's your current in-game name?

lukealms

2) What do you think you were banned for? If you are unsure, our rules can be found at diversitymc.net/rules 

I'm not sure how long ago but I think well over a year ago I was banned from DiversitySMP for saying I was going to quit the server as I was mad at the time, but I am not sure thats all that I was banned for, I might've been toxic and cheated, but I am not entirely sure

3) Why should you be unbanned? 

I think I should be unbanned because it has been a long time since I have even made a ban appeal and even been on the server. I know I had a bad history and I hope you guys can forgive me and not be that heavy on this ban since it happened a long time ago. I think I have properly matured and you guys should trust  me. I rarely play Minecraft anymore so I would probally just come on once in a blue moon since its been that long. I have started playing other games such as CS:GO, and I recently quit Fortnite.

**One thing I want you guys to get out of this is that is happened more than a year ago (I think) and I have matured. Please forgive me**

Edited by LLukke

Hello lukealms,

It looks like you have quite the history with us (which, for the record, were under the usernames "Tenahh" and "Savoured"). Allow this previous ban appeal to jog your memory:

Your previous infractions include:

• Neglecting public farms
  • Intentionally provoking people
  • Wasting staff's time
  • Making insensitive jokes
  • Abusing our forum

Certainly, you can see how your behavior isn't accepted on here?

While some of the staff (not many) would have been inclined to take your word that you matured, your history shows otherwise. Specifically, from your second ban appeal, you posted:

I use to be very immature, finding depressing stuff funny. I got banned about 5 - 7 months ago. I think a person can change. I am truly sorry and I will not do anything to get in trouble again!

After we denied your appeal, you then posted these two comments:

Hahaha, I froze two of your shit word programs...

"Appeal Denied" Why else would I respect you? Oh wait you're like 24

As you can hopefully see, it is very difficult for you to claim that you've matured when you...obviously haven't, and that you lied to us.

As a final point, the staff member handling your appeal posted the following:

By showing that you only faked being nice & respectful for as long as you thought you could get something from us/me, you have proven beyond any doubt that you're still the same. The immediate jump to insults and making fun of me underlines it.

I'm making an executive decision together with Mouse (and I doubt any of the other staff will disagree with us on this one): all future ban appeals from you will be denied. We do not want someone like you on our server.

I'll let you respond in this thread, but keep in mind that no staff are vouching for you. Your argument that "we shouldn't be heavy on this ban because it happened a long time ago and you have matured" is not a valid one because you lied to our faces about this very thing. We were rightfully heavy in this ban, and our opinion hasn't changed, even after a year-and-a-half. In light of your toxic behavior, your lies about your maturity, and our staff decision to deny all future ban appeals, why should we forgive you?

I don't know how else to prove I have matured, but I do see my past appeals which I wasn't able to look at because I don't know any of my old info. I remember I got banned then I made a new account, so obviously you guys wanted to get rid of me. I don't see any issue with giving me just one chance, If I caused any trouble then, you can reban me forever. I am really confident that I have changed. I got banned in 7th grade I think? (im not sure) I'm in 9th grade now, I don't know if that proves anything. I saw someone else appeal by saying new year new me, I don't know if you guys have any mercy on me for that, which is why I don't expect you guys to be that easy on my ban. 

I just think you guys should take in the fact that I have been banned for over a year now I think, again I am not sure, but I have changed. I don't even fully focus into online friendships or drama anymore, I am on the swim team at school. In conclusion I suggest that you guys unban me and see how I do to conclude if I should be unbanned or not. I also apologize to the previous staff I said that to, it was one of those things where you know you're wrong but you regret saying it right after. This just reminds me of a job interview because its looking back at history that you know you have changed for the better, but you can't really prove it.

I also know none of the staff would vouch for me as in I didn't have a good relationship with everyone and I don't talk to anyone from the DiversitySMP server. It's not that big of a deal if you guys don't  forgive me after this, I should just give up, but I think you guys should just take into fact that I have had a lot of time to change, and I did. I wouldn't even be playing DiversitySMP all the time like my old self, I am more "diverse" with my choice of games and activities, like I said I am on the swim team at school.

Thank  you guys again, I am sorry for all of my past.

~ Luke 

I'd also like to add, that giving me a chance to prove to you guys that I have matured, if I did anything stupid I wouldn't cause any harm.

Sorry for bumping this thread/appeal, I have just been thinking about this for a while and I think it would be fair and it could prove more than just writing a few paragraphs. I know you can read a lot from a persons body language, and you can tell how genuine they are more throughout a video than a few paragraphs. If you want me to, I can respond with a video 3-5 minutes long or whatever you want your requirements to be. Again, sorry for bumping the thread, just thought that would be more efficient. Thanks again!

Hello lukealms,

Sorry about the wait, we're still discussing this. An admin will reply to this thread once we make a decision.

• Like 1

Hello lukealms,

Your ban appeal has been granted. Please be respectful of everyone and listen to staff, and you should be fine.

Thank you guys so much, only one issue, I have no clue what the ip is... What is the ip

nvm

i got it, right as i posted this

Edited by lukealms

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.