SnowBaller94

Community Project

Sooo Diversity has been getting a little dry lately.  As some people may know, a few community members have been working on a secret santa/post office. It has been a lot of fun for those involved, so I would like to propose a community build that anyone and everyone can work on.  I am thinking a city would work best, but I am open to anything. If you are interested, feel free to respond to this with suggestions or come to me in game and ask about it. There are no current plans theme/style wise,  so feel free to talk to me if you have any ideas :D

A community city would be nice, but who would live there? If anything, I can build the roads off of my towns current road pattern with some modifications.

1 minute ago, Benlin12 said:

A community city would be nice, but who would live there? If anything, I can build the roads off of my towns current road pattern with some modifications.

If people want to live there, maybe we could charge a few diamonds that can be spent on materials to expand? It is mainly just something fun to bring the community together 

Another idea is we can roleplay it out. Have some people in charge of building, others in charge of gathering resources/buying resources, and others in charge of aesthetics.

Ok first of all, I love this idea. 

One thing I would like to point out is that a city can be interpreted in a lot of different ways, but I'm pretty sure all you guys are talking a "modern city" type thing with like, cars and stuff. (words like "roads" in Benlin's comment, or "Main Street" in Mike's give me that impression at least) If anyone has any other different types of cities they want to propose, they should probably speak up now.

Oke so me and Snow talked and we figured that the best location we could find was this island right here:

image.thumb.png.0c9cc36ea0867f696a1f83b11c31b137.png

The island isn't too big. It's not too small. and the terrain is actually quite nice, if you can imagine grass instead of ugly mycelium. 

Anyway this is why I said we have to decide now if we're going to do modern or not: While the terrain will look quite cool if we give it a grass makeover, depending on the type of modern city we do, we will definitely have to level it, and that's just no fun, nor is it a great way to start a community project. The claim is about 400x400 to give you some context. Be sure to let us know if you think we should flatten it or not :) 

Edit: or we could partially level it and only remove all the hills. That's probably where I put my vote, personally - but it's not just for me to decide so be sure to comment if you want to be a part of it!

Edited by AdventureNarwhal

Personally I think leveling it entirely would remove part of the fun of a city build, and possibly leave the leveling up to builders where necessary? Also, I can help grass it over if necessary, I just did so to my own mushroom island.

• Like 1