AmosTripleSeven

Diversity Monument Warp Request

- WARP REQUEST FORM -

1.  My warp request is for a  PLACE.
  2.  The X and Z co-ordinates for the place where I'd like the warp landing spot are (93443, 56845).
  3.  My build is FINISHED.
  4.  I have read and understood the guideline & requirements thread: YES.

* With this application I confirm that my build is SAFE and no mobs can spawn there. It is 100% claimed by me, with subclaims for appropriate areas. I have spent time and effort making it look nice, and I have placed signs to guide and inform visitors. 

* I promise to not pester staff in-game or here on the forums about this application. Instead I will be patient and wait for replies, and answer any questions asked. If any changes to my build are requested, I will work with staff to make them happen.

* If my application is rejected, I won't complain or whine. Instead I will go back to working on my build and improve it so that it can be approved in the future, when it meets the requirements.

* If my application is approved, I won't rest on my laurels but will continue to uphold the standard of my build and maintain the location. If it is a town, I will assist with any concerns the citizens raise and evict inactive or banned players. I may expand as need be, and I will design my spot in the warp hub to match my build.

Over the past 5-6 weeks, I (AmosTripleSeven) have asked over one hundred unique people on the server to place a block on a build I call the "Diversity Monument". Each person's contribution was a block of their choice, and, on it, a sign on which they could write whatever they wanted. The result was a 9-block-tall pyramid structure containing every variety of block - from dirt to beacons, from shulker boxes to player head, even some blocks unobtainable in survival *coughadminscough*.

2018-08-21_08_34_29.thumb.png.97c485bb1d2dc97e71e7c09eab98a445.png2018-08-21_08_35_01.thumb.png.30302d87513d211c99c657330ce8f3f4.png2018-08-21_08_35_26.thumb.png.8589c6d238491a952b79865aef4c5913.png2018-08-21_08_35_41.thumb.png.9ec94621c2c9b2fc19f4e55a6ae71c2e.png

I believe this monument merits a place warp. It symbolizes how we, as a community, are all about, firstly, diversity, and secondly, unity. Although I did kickstart this monument, I would never say that I built it - this was a collective effort of many people to make something beautiful (not unlike the server!).

I've built a nice landing platform that leads to the monument through a path and a bridge. I can confirm that the monument and the surrounding land is well lit and free of mobs.

Thank you for considering my application to give the Diversity Monument a place warp.  I believe that this monument truly has something unique that is worth displaying.

Sincerely,

AmosTripleSeven

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think instead of a warp for the build itself.  This would be cool to move to another current existing place as an exhibit type thing instead

• Like 1

That's a really good idea! Just I'm not sure where it could go, or how it would get there (maybe by cloning the monument?). I understand that current existing public spaces would naturally already be quite crowded.

21 hours ago, AmosTripleSeven said:

I understand that current existing public spaces would naturally already be quite crowded.

You might be able to fit it behind the supporter's lounge, depending on if whoever planted those dark oak and birch saplings will be offended if they're moved.

Also, maybe to make the warp more interactive, could you add a hopper where visiting players could drop a block with their name, and then a book with their message for the sign? You would have to provide books, and check the collection chest regularly, but if you kept it up for a while, who knows? Maybe we could hit 1000 :) (you have almost 150 already) I personally really hope this does get accepted, even if it doesn't get its own warp.

10 hours ago, AdventureNarwhal said:

Maybe we could hit 1000 :)

Thanks Nar! Great ideas!

In regards to the quote, I already consider the monument to be complete. So new players (unfortunately) wouldn't be able to contribute. However, I have nothing against making this monument project an ongoing thing - as in a new monument is built every so often (say, twice a year) so that new players get a chance to put a block. Although, in the case where it does become an ongoing project, it should probably get its own warp as it would definitely increase in size over time.

Maaybe even put this monument in the tutorial path that all new players have to go through. It's a way of saying "hey, we are community driven, look at this monument to prove it"

• Like 1

I really like this monument; thanks for all the work you put in! I also think it would serve well in a public location, like the warp hub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuritas said:

I really like this monument; thanks for all the work you put in! I also think it would serve well in a public location, like the warp hub.

Thank you for the kind words Kuritas! It seems like warp hub is quite full, so I'm unsure where it could go. I suppose we'll just have to see! :D