SteelyEyed

Ensure no child is too hungry to learn

I've never, really, been hungry. Sure, each one of us has felt we needed to eat at some time... but what if you were really hungry, and what if that was distracting you for half of your day, every day?

Now imagine you're a child at school 😧

I believe that education is key to unlocking the best outcomes in life for our kids so I'm here raising awareness for Magic Breakfast whose mission is to see thousands of children start their day well with a healthy and nutritious breakfast. This weekend I shall be walking the complete coastal path around the Isle of Wight, just off the south coast of the UK, where I'll be covering 66 miles (106km) over two days.

I'll let you all know how things are going during the weekend.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

At the starting line now. Setting of in the next half hour. Folks if you would like to keep up with my progress om the route I'm bib number 3013

https://isleofwight.livetrail.net

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10k left to go today. whoee this tough. not long passed the 1st marathon distance of the weekend ( fingers crossed )

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That was a really tough day. 52km and a quarter of that in decidedly muddy conditions. Made it through to the end if the day and the finish line \o/

My blisters have blisters and sunburn... owie. No chance to do more today unfortunately but very pleased and all in support of Magic Breakfast.

• Like 1
  • Love 1