Knightman

Modded smp How to.

Just a quick how to  for how to get onto the modded server  

Ip:modded.diversitymc.net

There are two ways to get on, one is a lot simpler to use

Way 1.  Technic

The techinc launcher is a very easy to use modding client which takes a lot of the scrambling for files out of the modding process

technic can be downloaded at  https://www.technicpack.net/download   And scroll to the bottom of the page until you see an area like this 

SxO4GI9.png 

Click your OS and run the .exe ,it is a safe download, I have used it a lot and know many others who use it with no issues,

After getting the launcher. Log into your minecraft account  and you should get a screen that looks like this

jMjca52.jpg

Then proceed to the MODPACKS section and find the 1.7.10 pack  It should look like this.

3z0v0DO.png

I already have the pack installed, but where the play icon is , there should be a download button, (NOTE: make sure the version is set to the most recent, it should be 0.9.7)

Before launching the pack. make sure you have given the launcher at least 3GB of ram . most low end laptops normally have 4, so it should work on most pc's. to give it more ram go to where it says "Launcher  options" up at the top right corner of the screen.    Then proceed to where it says  "Java settings", it should look like this, other than it will default to 1Gb of  ram   

cbi60aN.png

If it does not give you any options close to 3 gb. Check your java version,, If it is a 32-bit,  there will be another section with how to upgrade.

There you go! Go ahead and launch the mudpack, and please note, that first time launch can take a while, so please be patient as it loads.

After it has reached the minecraft title screen , which will look different, you can go to multiplayer and proceed like you would in more recent versions of minecraft. (NOTE: you can mute the cringy music by hitting the music note at the top of the title screen). If you have problems with this method, please don't be afraid to message me.

Way 2.  Forge (windows)

Download minecraft forge 1.7.10 at https://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/index_1.7.10.html

And ignore the add that will pop up on the next page and look at the banner on the top of the screen , 

saxLrMG.png

After the count down, press skip and run the installer

After the minecraft forge version has been installed, go to your normal Minecraft launcher and change to the version of forge,  ( I recommend running it in a separate directory). While in that tab. allow more ram to minecraft by  going to the  option labeled JVM arguements, and enable this option  at the begining of this  you should see -Xmx1G, change the 1 in that phrase to the amount of gigabytes you would like to use in whole numbers.  Then you can launch your minecraft forge. (64-bit java is recommended)

after it has launched,  close out the window and go to your search bar and search %appdata% and go to .minecraft, You will see a folder in there called mods.  Put the mods in this folder from  (insert link here) and launch your minecraft. This may take a while for the first time launch,  You can then go and add the modded server into your server list,

This will probably take a while for the first time setup.

64-bit java setup.

Very simple and easy . go to  https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp  and go to your operating system, , if using windows  I found that the offline 64-bit works the best lMGHxms.png

it should come up with an install page, which is easy to follow and use, the java should automatically  start working after you download it

Just a note, this is a draft of sorts, please tell me if anything needs fixing.. other than me adding the mods list link