Mouse

Announcing changes to Shops & introducing Quartz Island Mall

We'd like to thank all of you for your patience as we've undergone the process of downsizing the Shop District.

There were a couple of reasons why we did this:

• the current warp had become so big that it was becoming very difficult to navigate and find what you were looking for
  • the number of shops and entities was causing a lot of client side lag for some players

Our solution to fixing this problem is two-fold.

First, we simply had to reduce the overall size of the Shop District. That process is still ongoing as we move shops from the outer edges of the warp closer to the center, and we will be removing a few more plots from the warp once that's done. We will also be instituting some new changes to the shop warp, which I'll list further below. 

The second part of the solution is to open up a second new shopping area, away from the current warp. We'd like to take this opportunity to introduce to you the Quartz Island Mall.  You will be able to warp to it from the Shop District, Shop Sub-hub at spawn, or Warp Hub (the sign is under the current /warp shops sign). 

Quartz Island Mall

2017-10-13_15.46.34.png

Gallery of mall images with more details: https://imgur.com/a/352Hs

The mall features over 40 potential shops, with ample room for design and storage. It also is easier to navigate (only four directions to choose from!), and will be easier to find what you're looking for using centrally located signs to advertise shop wares. 

Shops can be altered by their owner, and you can design your interior and storefront to attract customers and show off your building skills. Shop spaces are 13x13 square, with an upper level and lower level that together are 24 blocks tall. You are free to put as many floors within this space as you can comfortably fit. You will not be able to build outside of your own personal shop space, however. 

Starting Sunday, Oct 29, Mall shops will be available to players Level 5 and up, and will cost a one time fee of 5 diamond blocks.  

If you currently are a shop owner at the Shop District and would prefer to move to the mall, you may do so free of charge starting TODAY!

From Oct. 22-28 we will be offering first pick of locations to current shop owners who are interested in moving. Due to the smaller size of mall shops, and the fact that they are interior spaces, we will not be able to world edit an existing shop into the mall space. You will need to design and build your new shop and remove your old shop before we will give you new shopkeepers.  If you would like to move to the mall, please contact a moderator so we can assist you with setting up your new mall shop. (Note: you may not have BOTH a mall shop and a shop district shop, except during this interim transition period. We will delete the shopkeepers at your old shop before giving you new ones at the mall.)

There is no penalty if you choose to stay at Shop District. At this time, if you would like to move plot numbers within shop warp to an empty one that's closer to center, you can request that as well. 

Changes to current Shop District

We know that some of you would prefer more space, and more freedom of design than the mall will allow. For these players, shops will still be available at the Shop District, but to reflect the larger space and design freedom, we will be raising the price and level requirements for a plot accordingly.  

Starting  Sunday, Oct 29, shop plots will be available for Level 7 and up players at a price of 10 diamond blocks. 

There will be NO extra charge for current shop owners who prefer to stay where they are, even if they are under the level requirement.

Stalls will remain available at the Shop  District Shopping Center for lower level players. 

Quick Reference: Stalls vs Mall shops vs Shop Warp

• Stall
    • Level 1+
    • Cost: 9 Diamonds (Does not need mod assistance to purchase)
    • 1 Shop Sign and 1 chest
    • No customization available
    • Located in shopping center building at Shop District
  • Mall
    • Level 5+
    • Cost: 5 Diamond Blocks (requires mod assistance to purchase and set up shopkeepers)
    • 13x13 horizontal space, 24 block high vertical space. 
    • Shop interior and shop front fully customizable within the build space.
    • Two shopkeepers of your choice.
    • Shop Sign at center of mall may list some items available at your shop for advertising purposes. Limit to one sign per shop, must be mod placed.
    • Located off shore at Quartz Island, reachable via /Warp Hub and the Shop Sub hub at /Spawn
  • Shop District
    • Level 7+
    • Cost: 10 Diamond Blocks (requires mod assistance to purchase and set up shopkeepers)
    • 17x17 horizontal space. Above ground may build to 30 block height limit. Below ground to bedrock layer.
    • Shop interior and exterior fully customizable within the build space.
    • Two shopkeepers of your choice.
    • Reachable via /Warp Hub and Shop sub hub at /Spawn

Some rules will remain in effect regardless of what kind of shop you have: 

• No beacons allowed at Shop District, or in mall shops (other than the ones already provided).
  • Players must keep their shops well stocked. Players who do not will receive emails periodically to remind them to restock their shops or face eviction.
  • Players who are inactive for more than 30 days will be evicted. Your shop or stall will be removed to a safe space and the plot will be opened up for another player to purchase. If you return after that and would like to reopen your shop you must remain an active player for at least a week. After that  we will move your shop back to the mall or shop warp (depending on where it came from) at no charge, into whatever space is available at that time. We cannot guarantee the same shop location as before.
  • Shops may not be kept "under construction" indefinitely. You will have at least a week to design and build your shop, and ask for shopkeepers. If you do not complete your build or renovation within a week, we may evict your shop. (Though we'll do our best to remind you to finish first.)

Please note: If there comes a time when we reach capacity for both the Mall and the Shop Warp, we will consider opening up either another mall, or another shop warp in a different location. 

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them here!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I had a shop in the shop district then I got evicted, it was before the level change to 7+. Will I be able to get a spot because I was already there even if I am level 5. If not could I please get my stuff from the chests.

1 hour ago, TBNRInferno said:

I had a shop in the shop district then I got evicted, it was before the level change to 7+. Will I be able to get a spot because I was already there even if I am level 5. If not could I please get my stuff from the chests.

You've got a few  options, since you fall into one of the weird gray areas:

If you want to reopen your shop in the shop district, we can return it to you there and you can stay (we're not kicking out any current level 5's). HOWEVER, we have a lot of people who say they want to reopen their shop and then after we return it they disappear again for another month. So to prevent that, we're asking that you play reasonably regularly for a week before we'll put your shop back in the shop district. It doesn't have to be every day, but at least several days this week, and gain a few hours of AR time. 

If you want to open a mall shop, we will move your old shop near your base and you can demolish it now, and set up your mall shop after you've been around for a week.

If you don't want to run a shop anymore, we'll move your shop near your base and you can demolish it and get your materials back. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mouse said:

You've got a few  options, since you fall into one of the weird gray areas:

If you want to reopen your shop in the shop district, we can return it to you there and you can stay (we're not kicking out any current level 5's). HOWEVER, we have a lot of people who say they want to reopen their shop and then after we return it they disappear again for another month. So to prevent that, we're asking that you play reasonably regularly for a week before we'll put your shop back in the shop district. It doesn't have to be every day, but at least several days this week, and gain a few hours of AR time. 

If you want to open a mall shop, we will move your old shop near your base and you can demolish it now, and set up your mall shop after you've been around for a week.

If you don't want to run a shop anymore, we'll move your shop near your base and you can demolish it and get your materials back. 

Can I just choose the second option?

On 10/22/2017 at 7:48 PM, TBNRInferno said:

Can I just choose the second option?

If you haven't already, put in a ticket with coords of where you'd like your old shop moved to near your base and let us know that's what it's for. Once this week is done and you're still active, we'll hook you up with a mall spot.