WitherTheOnlyOG

Anarchy Server Ideas!

I was thinking about ideas to make the server better, and I thought of a great idea! An anarchy server would be a perfect addition to the server. If you don't know what it is, it is basicly survival minecraft but you can steal other peoples stuff kill them etc. , but we would change a few things as a server. For example ,like on the smp server, there can be cussing just not at people, and there will be absolutely no hacks just like on smp. I would think something like this server would be lvl 9 and up or something like that.

I didn't know where to put this specific idea so I put it in off topic.

Thank you for considering the idea!

Moved this to the Suggestions forum.

Personally, I am against the idea of an "anarchy" or PVP type server. People join Diversity for a friendly survival community and to get away from these sorts of servers. If you want to play anarchy, perhaps you need to find another server. Just my opinion though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I mean maybe it could have a separate chat (Like SG) and it is just optional to play on the server they don't have to only the people that really want to

I feel like an anarchy server would need a decent sized player base, and our current PVP servers are struggling to have much activity as it is.

Interesting to see what others think, though.

• Like 1

Yea I would like to see what other people would think but I would just like it as how active vanilla is now or something like that.

Turbo's right, there are plenty of other PVP servers out there. We already have some PVP games but not many people are too active with it, so what's to say that they'll be active with a factions server?

2 hours ago, WitherTheOnlyOG said:

and there will be absolutely no hacks just like on smp.

obviously,  I don't think I've ever heard of a server that allows hacks lol. People come to this server to take a break from those big servers who don't give a shit about too much. and adding a factions server?... would attract those kids. In a way adding the factions (or anarchy potato potahto)  server they might think that it's okay to steal on the SMP as well and mix up the rules and stuff.

I've requested for a Modded SMP as well: click on this to see the forum post and so far no updates about it, so I'm guessing they're a bit too busy focusing on improving our main SMP server. With this, I kinda understand why you'd want to add it to Diversity, I like playing with some of the people on here as well :D but yeah.. its a no for me on factions/anarchy 

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ash said:

I don't think I've ever heard of a server that allows hacks

Anarchy servers typically allow players to hack. An anarchy server has no rules, and no one can get banned.

There is a huge difference between an anarchy server and a faction server. Factions have some sort of governing body, the admins/mods. Anarchy has no mods, and typically only 1 admin who let's the players govern themselves.

Edited by PlatinumRampage
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ty Plat! also ash its a optional server like vanilla. You don't need to play it. Also look up the sever 2b2t Because that server allows hacks and there is basicly no rules. I would like it on the server just for fun for players like me that like pvp in a vanilla server concept that we cant get in trouble for killing some1

idek if u understand all that xD

Yeah.. I don't think Diversity isn't ever going to allow something like that. You know how strict they are with hackers. People might switch over to the SMP and use those hacks.

9 minutes ago, WitherTheOnlyOG said:

its a optional server like vanilla. You don't need to play it.

Of course.. why would the staff force you to play on a server:facepalm:. and they can't just pop up a server like that. Takes a lot of time and more money to run servers.

Just go to that 2b2t server you're talking about :P 

• Dislike 1

It can be a anarchy server but the diversity version bans hacking still So no hacking on alllllll the servers on diversity I said this :P

• Dislike 1

The problems with 2b2t is that the server is always full and spawn is borderline impossible to escape from. Not to mention the 2b2t community is toxic... Except FitMC. I'd buy him a beer.

exactly

The pros fucked up everything

So its impossible to pass the first 1k blocks

Its all because a yter called TheCampingRusher

You're not getting my point. The whole point of this server thing is to mainly find bases (like you said), which could be underneath (or in the sky) and steal the items there. I'm going to assume PVP would be enabled anytime as well.. Those things would ENCOURAGE people from those actual anarchy servers and think "Oh hey I can use hacks here" or even if they do know it's not allowed, they would still use hacks bc of needing to find bases and raiding. Which would require more staff work. 

Also, what was the point of explaining to me about Anarchy servers allowing hacks if you're not even going to allow it.

7 minutes ago, WitherTheOnlyOG said:

Its all because a yter called TheCampingRusher

Exactly. You say that 2b2t is toxic.. I don't want those people attracted to Diversity and making it toxic too.

You still need money for the server btw.. we barely reach our goal per month. We were just lucky this month.

Edited by Ash
  • Dislike 1

TBH I your missing my point by far I'm at a understanding of Jupiter your back down on mars. You need to understand it could have the same little thing that smp has that says the couple of rules they accept it and move on. Plus it will be high lvl players that already understand that the cant hack on this server.....

Honestly I personally wouldn't play on anarchy server and Idk how many people would, maybe if there was a decent amount of players that would like this. But as others have said you can just play on other servers because it really doesn't seem like many people are up for the idea.

18 hours ago, WitherTheOnlyOG said:

I mean maybe it could have a separate chat

If it's a separate chat you might as well play on a different server anyway.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

The other servers here are all sorta mini-servers, almost incomplete if you ask me, for the smp members to come and mess around with when bored. What you're suggesting is a full fledged main attraction, and I just don't think we can pull that off. No new people will join if its as small as the vanilla/skyblock/and especially survival games servers we have. 

Sooo I think its a cool idea, but maybe, could you find a way to think of it as a mini game instead of a thing where you invest as much time as smp? maybe like, 4 people join, have 10-15 minutes to build, and then get sieged by the other players. Idk.

Cool idea tho

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Bec you got to realise these servers are hard to come by (If u do a good one) also narh that's what I'm saying it can be another mini server like skyblock vanilla etc.

7 hours ago, Bec said:

If it's a separate chat you might as well play on a different server anyway

All I'm suggesting in this part is a separate chat just like the one on sg and the ones we used to have on vanilla etc.

22 hours ago, Bec said:

it really doesn't seem like many people are up for the idea.

Yea it dosent because we are talking to a small bit of the community on forums. Most players that play this game regularly font have a forums accont or check it often

I can also see arguments starting because of it. Someone making a beautiful base, putting hours of work only for someone to grief it. The hard feelings may spill into SMP, causing a massive shit show and troubling staff EVEN THOUGH griefing is allowed in anarchy.

People that play the server have to realise that can happen and its not the rarest thing in the world

Were not talking about lvl ones were talking about something high like 10+ or something

8 minutes ago, WitherTheOnlyOG said:

People that play the server have to realise that can happen and its not the rarest thing in the world

Were not talking about lvl ones were talking about something high like 10+ or something

Then why would anyone play on the anarchy server if they can lose progress to other people? Even if they are lvl 10+, you've stated that the purpose of an anarchy server is "survival minecraft but you can steal other peoples stuff, kill them, etc." Why would people, especially those who have already built up progress on SMP, go on this sort of server and spend hours of time under the threat of losing everything, when their builds can be protected in SMP and they don't have to worry about theft/griefing/PVP? To me at least, it doesn't seem fun. Can you explain how it could be seen as fun?

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1