I have been thinking about ores and how to improve it but not sure if it is possible.

For starters I am thinking of having it so the ores loads from a save file rather than generate like it does every week like it does now.  This would allow ores to reset daily or more as a result.  Removing set home should be considered to prevent players from easly remining the same area right after restart.  Also removing the ability to create claims in ores if possible should be considered.

It should have multiple 100x100 to 200x200 biom's of every type in the game.   This would reduce the destruction that is ever on going in smp to get special blocks that only spawn in special bioms.   In addition adding multiple special structures like woodland mansion, water temple, end portal fortress, as well as a ton of end fortresses, dungeons, nether fortress and mines so rare items that only can be acquired in these places that are normally cleaned out in smp can be acquired. 

For generating overworld large caves and trenches like it is but with less lava pools and much higher lava block spawn rate for under 30 or so.  Also before saving and using on sever traps could be added in the cave systems using observer to find them making deadly traps for any would be miner to fall victim to adding to the danger.

Last since it would load from a save rather than regenerate adding warp buildings in all worlds, over, nether and end could be added but should be far from any and all special buildings like woodland mansions requiring players to run to them in order to get there.  Also warp building in over world ores should be in a generic biom that would not quickly be mined out like forest or plains. 

As I am not sure as how one would be able to go about doing this or if it is even possible to do so I can't expect this to happen but if you find a way then the best of luck as it would greatly help the server.

• Like 1

Having ores reset daily on the same seed would make ores very easy, as players would learn the map and locations,  we have already disabled water buckets and enderpearls to try to make ores more difficult. I do not think you can /sethome in ores currently.  I get your point about the special blocks and think having more biomes would help prevent destruction of smp land and resources, but some of the joy of the random seeds is that you don't know what biomes it will have,  besides, who doesn't like exploring?

• Like 1

I like ores as it is for the most part. I would like that the seed be random, but we could increase the chance of rare biomes to prevent mesa/ice spike destroying on smp. 

Also I think that ores should only reset weekly, because the dragon eggs would become exponentially more worthless even faster if it reset every day.

• Like 1

Don't forget the typical down time of ores when it does reset. That would limit playability to approximately 19-20 hours per day instead of what it is now.

On 7/17/2017 at 3:25 PM, AdventureNarwhal said:

I like ores as it is for the most part. I would like that the seed be random, but we could increase the chance of rare biomes to prevent mesa/ice spike destroying on smp. 

Also I think that ores should only reset weekly, because the dragon eggs would become exponentially more worthless even faster if it reset every day.

I'll second that. Having a source of packed ice, podzol, and hardened clay terracotta that didn't require decimating the SMP map would be nice.

I always feel bad taking resources from SMP, like "someone might want to build there in the future."

I wonder if it would be possible to generate 500 by 500 ore worlds for every biom with nether and ender portals disabled this could be done by disabling eye of ender and flint and steel.

It would also help reduce resources if end and nether where not generated in these worlds.

In addition if possible could have nether random spawn that clears a 3 wide by 3 deep by 2 high centered on player with a 3 x 3 platform that spawns under you for random spawn in the nether reducing chance of dying from using warp.

2 hours ago, SpindlierTRex said:

It would also help reduce resources if end and nether where not generated in these worlds.

But Elytra and shulker boxes, would become increasingly more difficult for new players to find. Ores End allows for a theoretical infinate source of these resources. Shulker boxes and elytra are pretty much essential for modern day Minecraft.

Never said there wouldn't be a ore end or ore nether.

I was suggesting having a warp for small over world ore's for every biom in the game that you can't access nether or end from thus no need to generate them saving server resources as we don't need 10 or more end and nether for each ore world.

The  over world ore's could be as small as 250x250 as a way to reduce sever resources and as there will be a bunch of them finding things like diamonds, coal, redstone, lapiz, gold or iron should not be hard in fact it might be easier as some of the biom's may not get mined as much.

Also never said not having a Ore End or Ore Nether they would have there own warp.

11 hours ago, SpindlierTRex said:

there will be a bunch of them finding things like diamonds, coal, redstone, lapiz, gold or iron should not be hard

Excepting some special cases (more gold ore in mesa and emerald ore in extreme hills) all the mined resources are evenly distributed across biomes - what would adding different biomes add to these? The ores world already uses a custom generator and it already increases the frequency and size of vein of these mineral resources..

In my opinion the most important thing about each world is not how many CPU cycles, or how much memory or disk space they take but rather how much administrative care and feeding is required to keep them working. There is a limited amount of time, this is a challenge. Having only a small number of worlds, and only the Ores worlds reset regularly, minimizes this.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:10 AM, PlatinumRampage said:

But Elytra and shulker boxes, would become increasingly more difficult for new players to find. Ores End allows for a theoretical infinate source of these resources. Shulker boxes and elytra are pretty much essential for modern day Minecraft.

He is talking about a separate world just like a mega Tiaga or mesa so we can get stuff like clay/podzol because there is a border for ores and those biomes rarely spawn