SpindlierTRex

ores
New Ores

5 posts in this topic

I have been thinking about ores and how to improve it but not sure if it is possible.

For starters I am thinking of having it so the ores loads from a save file rather than generate like it does every week like it does now.  This would allow ores to reset daily or more as a result.  Removing set home should be considered to prevent players from easly remining the same area right after restart.  Also removing the ability to create claims in ores if possible should be considered.

It should have multiple 100x100 to 200x200 biom's of every type in the game.   This would reduce the destruction that is ever on going in smp to get special blocks that only spawn in special bioms.   In addition adding multiple special structures like woodland mansion, water temple, end portal fortress, as well as a ton of end fortresses, dungeons, nether fortress and mines so rare items that only can be acquired in these places that are normally cleaned out in smp can be acquired. 

For generating overworld large caves and trenches like it is but with less lava pools and much higher lava block spawn rate for under 30 or so.  Also before saving and using on sever traps could be added in the cave systems using observer to find them making deadly traps for any would be miner to fall victim to adding to the danger.

Last since it would load from a save rather than regenerate adding warp buildings in all worlds, over, nether and end could be added but should be far from any and all special buildings like woodland mansions requiring players to run to them in order to get there.  Also warp building in over world ores should be in a generic biom that would not quickly be mined out like forest or plains. 

As I am not sure as how one would be able to go about doing this or if it is even possible to do so I can't expect this to happen but if you find a way then the best of luck as it would greatly help the server.

1 person likes this

Having ores reset daily on the same seed would make ores very easy, as players would learn the map and locations,  we have already disabled water buckets and enderpearls to try to make ores more difficult. I do not think you can /sethome in ores currently.  I get your point about the special blocks and think having more biomes would help prevent destruction of smp land and resources, but some of the joy of the random seeds is that you don't know what biomes it will have,  besides, who doesn't like exploring?

1 person likes this

I like ores as it is for the most part. I would like that the seed be random, but we could increase the chance of rare biomes to prevent mesa/ice spike destroying on smp. 

Also I think that ores should only reset weekly, because the dragon eggs would become exponentially more worthless even faster if it reset every day.

1 person likes this

Don't forget the typical down time of ores when it does reset. That would limit playability to approximately 19-20 hours per day instead of what it is now.

On 7/17/2017 at 3:25 PM, AdventureNarwhal said:

I like ores as it is for the most part. I would like that the seed be random, but we could increase the chance of rare biomes to prevent mesa/ice spike destroying on smp. 

Also I think that ores should only reset weekly, because the dragon eggs would become exponentially more worthless even faster if it reset every day.

I'll second that. Having a source of packed ice, podzol, and hardened clay terracotta that didn't require decimating the SMP map would be nice.

I always feel bad taking resources from SMP, like "someone might want to build there in the future."