Ash

Supporter Perk Suggestions

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello! I have a few suggestions for perks that we could add to the server for supporters that don't (I think) violates the whole EULA thing.

1. Being able to customize armor stands : Armor Stands Plugin

2. GadgetsMenu (Particles, Hats/emotes, PETS, Morphs, gadgets that do no damage and have cooldowns, and more) here's a  video

--

3. QuarkMod Not sure if its possible to add mods to a server or if there is a similar plugin to it.. but being able to wave, facepalm, headbang, etc. would be fun.

4.  ChatsFeelings and this is just something extra.. I see lots of people with asterisks  and such *place action here* (this kinda relates to the suggestion above) and I thought it would be fun.

I think adding more perks will convince more people to buy or keep on supporting the server :D

Edited by DumbAsh
2 people like this

Thanks for the suggestions! Will definitely have a look at them and think of a way to implement them if possible.

3 people like this

Ash the only way to get quark is by making the server modded! Which would mean everyone that joined had to download Quark, so it is not going to work. But the armor stand thing is really cool but I think all players should have it not just supporters! Also Gadgets like Mineplex has would be PERFECT! Just putting this out there <3 Wither!

2 hours ago, WitherTheOnlyOG said:

all players should have it

are you saying that because Zore removed your supporter after not paying monthly? 
The whole purpose of adding perks is to help convince MORE people to help the server out with payment.

3 people like this

I like the idea of Supporters getting more bang for their buck - it's a great way to keep donations up. Something else I might suggest is a bigger dividing line between Supporters and Supporters+ regarding perks. Because right now, it doesn't seem like there's a huge difference between what you get as Supporter vs. Supporter+. Supporters+ should have more of their own unique perks (e.g., the option to use boldface or italicized lettering). Then more people would prefer having a premium subscription, making the $300/month goal more attainable.

2 people like this

@jepanddep I totally agree and it's something I've been thinking about for a long time. There's just so many options but I also don't want to clog the server up with crazy plugins. 

And here I am, still waiting for my pet squid :C

2 people like this

Poor kilk.  He is squid-less 

On 7/11/2017 at 1:31 PM, Ash said:

Being able to customize armor stands : Armor Stands Plugin

I'll try installing this one on the creative server, but I am worried about the support issues that will happen, if we were to put it on the SMP.  Specifically from use of the /astools command which apparently clears the players entire inventory.   Do you know if the features of the plugin can be used without that?  I am sure none of the staff wants to deal with players whining about how they lost their favorite sword or something.

If we were to add this to the SMP, obviously we won't enable the feature that lets player execute commands as the console, that could and would be heavily abused.

Could be a creative only feature? As if you loose something.  Ya can just make a new one there

Can we also get nicknames with characters other than numbers and letters, just curious?

Would making the AFK time (for supporters) to 1 hour be an advantage?

It used to be 4 hours,  but it had to be lowered because of lag,  

17 hours ago, PlatinumRampage said:

Can we also get nicknames with characters other than numbers and letters, just curious?

I would prefer not to. Makes things ugly.

10 hours ago, Ash said:

Would making the AFK time (for supporters) to 1 hour be an advantage?

Yes.

For supporter perks you're really looking at cosmetic stuff only. Things like particle effects, being able to use colors in chat, player heads. That sort of thing.

Maybe access to normally unobtainable mob heads? Mobs like iron golems, guardians, endermen, blazes, etc. As for how..... I guess things like loot tables specific to supporters or a random head once per day/week or something.

3 people like this

7 hours ago, Magus_Oscuro said:

Maybe access to normally unobtainable mob heads? Mobs like iron golems, guardians, endermen, blazes, etc. As for how..... I guess things like loot tables specific to supporters or a random head once per day/week or something.

And maybe Supporters+ could get the same sort of thing, except with full-fledged mob spawners! :D

7 hours ago, Magus_Oscuro said:

I really like this, going to look into it.

I was going to suggest this but never got around to it. And as this server seems to be super obsessed with player heads.

I don't know how you would make it Supporter only but it's a nifty mod. And works on Vanilla+.

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Magus_Oscuro said:

For supporter perks you're really looking at cosmetic stuff only. 

Pets.

We could use the same loot tables that hermitcraft does for there mob heads that would be neat! But there is not a way to make only supporters / suporters+ it would have to be the entire server.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 1:01 PM, Ash said:

are you saying that because Zore removed your supporter after not paying monthly? 

And No I wasn't I got supporter back right after ash

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, WitherTheOnlyOG said:

But there is not a way to make only supporters / suporters+ it would have to be the entire server.

I've found a couple of plugins that will allow us to restrict it to certain user groups :) 

On 7/14/2017 at 4:21 AM, PlatinumRampage said:

Like what?  As far as I know the nickname plugin (nicky) has the same character set limitations as mojang for the official names, Meaning a-z, 0-9, and _.

11 hours ago, Zoredache said:

Meaning a-z, 0-9, and _.

I tried using an underscore before and it wouldn't let me. Maybe it's a buycraft thing?

Edited by PlatinumRampage

Is it possible to have supporter exclusive kits? No diamonds, tools, or armor, but an assortment of decorative player heads.