Pugoh

Pugoh's Ban Appeal

Hello. I'm appealing my ban for a second time.

1) What's your in-game name?

Pugoh.

2) What do you think you were banned for? If you are unsure, our rules can be found at diversitysmp.com

My official reason is 

After reviewing your chatlogs, we do not feel you are a good fit for the server.

However, for more clarification and my judgement, I was banned for essentially being a "smartass" and practically constantly trying to start arguments, controversy, and in general disrupt the peaceful environment.

3) Why should you be unbanned? 

First of all, I'd like to bring this quote out from my first/previous ban appeal which was denied.

I question, though, why you'd come here to appeal your ban with this mindset? Do you think we are gullible fools who will unban you when you a) won't admit you did anything wrong and b) appear to have no desire to change anything about your behavior? - Lucifer

After somewhat two months of searching for another server that shares the same qualities and environment that Diversity does, as even though my actions were immature, childish, and many other adjectives I'd rather spare you the time of reading, I did enjoy my actual experience of the server. I took this phrase to heart. I realized that I took a very wrong approach on making a ban appeal, and in general took a wrong approach when it came to my behavior in general. After several months of self-evaluation, I came to the decision to change and have been a much different person since when I last played on Diversity. Lucifer saying this, especially the "Why you'd come here to appeal your ban with your mindset" helped me lots to realize that the ban appeal is used for coming back AFTER someone has changed and is able to reclaim themselves. I was not even close to that point when I appealed at that time. I am now.

On a side note, It's been roughly 3-4 months since my ban, which is quite some time for someone to evaluate themselves and change. Which is exactly what I did.

Thank you for taking the time to read, and hopefully consider. Have a good day.

This is what I like to see: a much more reflective and realistic appeal. Thank you. 

For those who need a refresher, details regarding the ban can be found here: 

Before we get to the point where the staff discuss whether to approve or deny your appeal, I have some questions:

1: We neither expect nor demand for you to have done a 180 on your personal opinions regarding politics and social issues, but we are Diversity, a LBGT-friendly and open-minded server. Are you certain that you want to play on a server like ours, alongside people who are all the things you've previously spoke out against/made fun of/disrespected? (feminists, SJWs, supporters of Black Lives Matter, etc, etc)

2: And, perhaps most important of all, do you still enjoy instigating and provoking others? I'm referring to your past history of saying things like, for example, "I don't like feminism" in chat in order to make people react/argue with you.

I'm absolutely fine with playing with supporters and identifiers of the things I oppose, and I've also taken this into count when I evaluated myself.

The best way I would take this approach is avoid talking about those subjects at all as all that will happen is conflict. This would in the end maintain the peaceful environment on Diversity, something that I now regret every disrupting, and something I don't want to disrupt.

Also, I am truly against the purposeful antagonistic actions for the sake of entertainment that I performed prior to my ban. It was ignorant and annoying and I regret doing it.

So, no. I do not appreciate my former actions and if unbanned won't be doing them again.

Edited by Pugoh

Could I possibly get an update on where the appeal is going? If not that's fine, I'm not trying to bother or disrupt you guys. 

Please be patient, we are still discussing your appeal. Thank you.

-Thunder

• Like 1

Is the appeal going anywhere..? It's been about 6 days since the appeal began, and I'm a bit anxious.

Edited by Pugoh

Your appeal is still being discussed by staff, we will have an answer for you as soon as possible 

Just an F.Y.I , constantly asking about the appeal will not help. Staff will answer when we have an answer. 

I understand you're impatient, but if you look at other threads - like Soap's - you'll see having to wait is normal. We all have lives - jobs, school, families, vacations, etc - and we're all over the globe in different time-zones, and reading through the logs and the past forum thread are things that take time. Nobody wants to just glance at it and give a thumbs up or down; we take this seriously. It's common for an appeal to have to wait a week or more while we allow for as many staff as possible to give their input and discuss our thoughts/concerns.

That said, everyone's now had time to look into the info and I have called for a final vote. Give it a day or two so people have a chance to see it and cast their vote, then I'll be back with the verdict.

• Like 1

Okay. Thank you for telling me, and sorry for being so impatient. 

All right, that took a little longer than expected but I wanted as many as possible to have a chance to voice their opinion.

I'm afraid that while some were willing to give you another chance, the majority of staff are against it. We are not convinced that you've truly changed since 4 months ago, especially as you have poked us about your appeal in this thread a couple of times, as well as on discord and in PMs, which is a little annoying. The incidents you were banned for were also pretty severe, as was your response to that ban when you first came to appeal on the forums. This is not something you can bounce back from easily, and we are still wary. 

Your appeal has been denied.

• Like 1

I understand.

I apologize on the notion of me poking you guys about the appeal so much, I'm an impatient person, it's something I dislike about myself but I find it hard to get rid of that trait.

I don't personally see how impatience defines my other traits, but that was for you guys to decide not me. I respect your decision, thanks to all of the staff for at least taking the time to consider.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.